I am a seasoned marketing and management professional who is available to successfully use a love for business development, strategy and systems to help make your brand more successful. Driven by results, skilled in marketing, sales, project & people management, I have certificates in digital marketing and lean process improvement. I also work well independently or as a team member.
In a nutshell...
I have no interest in finding a job. I am looking for a career with a company I can grow with and learn from. If you are looking for an automaton , I'm not the right person for you. On the other hand, if you are looking for a creative person with years of successful management experience and business acumen I'd love to hear from you.
I am currently looking within a 65 mile radius of Bernardsville, NJ but my family and I are willing to relocate for the right opportunity.
Top 5 Books That I Read In 2016
- The Toyota Way to Lean Leadership by
- Industries of the future by Alec Ross
- Understanding Michael Porter by Joan Magretta
- Change your questions, Change Your Life by Marilee G. Adams Ph.D./Marshall Goldsmith
- The End of Cheap China by Shaun Rein
10 Words That Best Describe Me
My 5 Favorite Books Ever
- The Sticking Point Solution by Jay Abraham
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
Directly supervised and trained a team of 40+ employees and lead daily team huddles to train and motivate retail sales associates at Guitar Center location that grossed $32 Million annually.
Successfully held positions focused on training and coaching Sales Associates to raise their skill level in the areas of selling, product knowledge and customer service.
Mentored a group of 20 Raritan Valley Community College students working as small business consultants to enhance client's bottom line and/or marketing projects.
Created successful marketing campaigns for musicians, small businesses and entrepreneurs.
Created two courses for the (SBDC) Small Business Development Center. Marketing to Millennials Demystified & List Building for Business Growth.
Managed social media, lead generation, and content creation projects.
Experienced with CRM software such as Net Suite, Constant Contact, & Mailchimp.
Degree in Business Management with a focus on Marketing, as well as, a certificate in Online Marketing.
Lead Consultant on a project saving a small business owner $47,000 in the first year.
Analyzed financial and quantitative data from performance, sales and ranker reports.
Extracted key data, identified trends and developed plans that corrected issues.
Implemented and evaluated the plan’s success based on KPI’s.
Coached and communicated with the store team about sales techniques and promotions.
Interviewed and hired prospective employees who best fit the goals and culture of the company.
Prepared, communicated, and coached during performance reviews.
Effectively inputted and collected PO numbers, tracked Information and confirmed shipments.
Worked with customer and inventory demands to develop a dynamic supply chain while keeping costs to a minimum.
Uses WordPress, Wix, Squarespace and basic HTML to create responsive websites and membership portals.
Knowledge of email marketing, A/B testing, SEO, and web analytics.
Experience in creating landing pages, newsletters, and press releases.
Competent on Mac and PC formats.
Adobe Photoshop & Captivate
Photo, Video & Music Editing
Knowledge of Sales Funnel
Asana (Project Management)
Career at a Glance
* Liontraks Recording Studio & Swan Music School are both DBA's under Team Shabazz LLC
Lean Continuous Improvement Certificate (2016)
Online Digital Marketing Certificate (2016)
Raritan Valley Community College, Branchburg, NJ
Business Management | Associate of Applied Science | Anticipated May 2017
GPA – 3.56 HONORS: Dean’s List & Phi Theta Kappa Academic Honor Society
Scholarships: Steve Lang Leadership Scholarship Award 2016
Enactus/Golden Lion Consulting
- Mentoring a group of 20 RVCC students working as small business consultants.
- Lead Consultant on a project saving a small business owner $47,000 in the first year.
- Structured an International partnership with an organization in Liberia Africa.
Small Business Development Center of RVCC – Spring 2016
- Developed two classes “List Building for Sales Growth” and “Marketing to Millennials Demystified”
Team Shabazz LLC
General Manager | Team Shabazz LLC | Bernardsville, NJ | 1996 – present
Fine Arts Artist Management 2015 - Present
- Manage all strategic business, marketing and sales solutions.
- Organize & curated art show.
- Developed strategic corporate partners with Starbucks and Bar Method.
Instructor/Manager – Swan Music School – 2009 - Present
- Organize Summer guitar camps since 2011.
- Manage online-marketing efforts.
- Consulted & Executive Produced short film “How to Buy Your First Guitar”
Talent Manager/ Recording Engineer - Liontraks Recording Studio – 1996 -2008
- Hired and supervised interns & recording engineers.
- Designed marketing & promotion materials, CD inserts, & websites for clients.
Shift Supervisor | Starbucks | Bernardsville, NJ | 2013 - 2014
(Starbucks, a $15 billion company serving millions of people daily in more than 22,000 retail stores in 67 countries)
- Supported the store manager in executing store operations, inventory forecasting & ordering.
- Assisted with new partner training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
- Utilized operational tools to achieve operational excellence.
- Delivered legendary customer service to all customers with a “customer comes first” attitude.
Logistics/Purchasing - Sales Manager | Guitar Center | Manhattan, NY | 2004 - 2013
(Guitar Center is a $2.1 billion company. With over 250 stores, GC is the largest music equipment retail chain in the world. The flagship Manhattan store grosses over $32 million annually)
- Provided daily logistical/purchasing support for Neil Jason (Professional Bass Player) in Artist Relations.
- Assisted with GC Pro logistics/purchasing work overflow.
- Met daily, weekly and monthly deadlines in a fast paced, high volume store with over 50 employees.
- Held multiple leadership roles: Assistant Manager & Assistant to the General Manager.